- ETM Home
- About MSETM
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
OSU’s Master of Science in Engineering and Technology Management (MSETM) is a rigorous degree program designed specifically for experienced engineers and scientists who are interested in accelerating their management careers. The curriculum combines academic coursework with the latest business practices and can be tailored to meet an individual student’s needs.
Managing today’s global organizations requires a complex set of knowledge and skills. Effective planning, selection, implementation and management of technology, and the teams involved, is essential to the success of any business in today’s time-critical, global markets. OSU-MSETM students learn to apply proven evaluation concepts and implementation strategies to fast moving, technical management decisions that make the difference in both career and business success. The MSETM program specifically addresses the real needs identified by industry leaders.
The entire program is available through distance learning, making it accessible from anywhere in the world. All MSETM courses are offered through OSU's Engineering Distance Education Office.
Coursework for the MSETM program is provided by the Colleges of Engineering, Architecture and Technology, the Spears School of Business, and the College of Arts and Sciences. The curriculum has been designed to meet the following objectives:
To improve the participant’s ability to:
- Identify and act on strategic issues
- Apply systems thinking to their organization
- Integrate key functions and management systems in a business
- Manage large-scale projects
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Prepare for rapid and continual learning
- Strategy development and implementation
- Systems thinking
- Project management
- Problem solving and decision making
- Management of people, processes and functions
- Financial management and cost control
- Designed experimentation
- Information systems
- Manufacturing control systems
- New product development
- Supply chain strategy
- Statistical process control
Download a copy of our course list and curriculum requirements here.