- ETM Home
- About MSETM
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
Certificate in ETM Curriculum (CETM)
Certificate in ETM Curriculum
A graduate certificate is an academic credential earned after completing a short program of focused study. Graduate certificate programs can serve both as a stepping stone to more advanced study leading to a master’s or doctoral degree or as a standalone educational professional achievement to assist an individual in their career. Graduate certificates are listed on OSU transcripts.
The certificate in ETM, consisting of 12 hours of selected ETM courses, can be granted at any time during a student’s pursuit of the M.S. degree or as a stand-alone effort. A second application for the certificate must be made through the graduate college. Admissions requiements for the Certificate program are identical to those of M.S. program. See Admissions link.
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT
The curriculum requirements for the Certificate in Engineeering and Technology Management are as follows:
Required Certificate Course:
- ETM 5111 – Introduction to Strategy, Technology, and Integration (one-credit hour)
Elective Certificate Courses:
- ETM 5221 Engineering Teaming
- ETM 5241 Strategic Project Management
- ETM 5291 Failure Mode and Effects Analysis in Design
- ETM 5341 Leadership Strategies
- ETM 5351 Planning Technical Projects
- ETM 5371 Ethics for Practicing Engineers
- ETM 5391 New Product Introduction and Commercialization
- ETM 5411 Engineering Economics Analysis
- ETM 5461 Intellectual Property, Patent Law and Trade
- ETM 5471 Introduction to System Safety
- ETM 5481 Sustainable Enterprise Strategies
- ETM 5531 Contract Law for Engineering and Technology Professionals
- ETM 5253 Problem Solving and Decision Making
- ETM 5943 Lean Sigma Implementation
- ETM 5143 Strategic Decision Analysis for Engineering and Technology Managers
- ETM 5283 Strategic Planning
- ETM 5153 Foundations of Engineering Management
- ETM 5163 Business Innovation and Technology
What are the benefits of receiving a Graduate Certificate in ETM ?
The OSU ETM certificate is a graduate-level credential reflecting knowledge of the discipline of engineering management. It provides:
- Documented participation in a focused program and coursework with the same rigor as a graduate level degree
- The opportunity to expand the participants management skills and/or complement your B.S. field of study with management education
- Participation in an academic community of faculty and students with a common interest
- A ladder path to the MSETM degree (all twelve hours can be used toward degree)
- Demonstrated progress towards the M.S. degree that your employer can see
- A printed certificate and record in your transcript from the OSU Graduate School to document successful completion
Do I have to choose one program or the other?
No. Students may matriculate through both programs simultaneously. Note that a separate applicaiton MUST be submitted for each program (Cert and MS degree). When the requirements of the certificate are met the student may request that their efforts be noted and a certificate will be issued. All credit hours earned for the certificate can then be counted towards the M.S. graduation requirements.
Are there any additional costs?
If pursing both a certificate and the MS degree, students must pay a “second application” fee of $50 to the graduate college.