- ETM Home
- About MSETM
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
Admissions Requirements and Application Instructions
The standard for admission to the Master of Science or Certificate in Engineering and Technology Management programs is for students to possess a bachelor of science degree or higher in engineering, technology, or physical/mathematical sciences with a 3.0 GPA
Profesional Track online students are also required to be professionally employed in a relevant position.
Occasionally applicants not meeting these standards may be granted probationary admission based upon their overall academic and professional practice history and accomplishments.
The admission requirements and processes for the MSETM degree and the Certificate in Engineering Management are identical.
Applications are accepted any time and are reviewed as received. Allow approximately two weeks from the time a complete application is submitted for an admission decision. Admitted students may begin taking classes during the next course offering or semester following their admission.
Admission to the ETM Program at Oklahoma State University requires that an applicant first be admitted to the Graduate College. After an application satisfies the requirements of the graduate college it is referred to the ETM office for review.
1) Graduate Application for Admission - Visit http://gradcollege.okstate.edu/apply and select “Apply Now”. Click on the ‘Create Your Account’ link to begin. Once the account is created, students can create, edit and submit their entire application online.
2) Application Fee- The non-refundable application fee for domestic students is $50 for each application. (US $75 for International applicants)
3) Official Copy of Transcript(s) - To complete the online application process students need to upload a scanned copy of their transcripts from each college and university you have attended. These scanned copies will be used to make and admission decision but applicants must also follow up with original OFFICIAL transcripts. To be considered official, all transcripts/mark sheets must include the college’s or registrar’s original seal and should show degrees completed – these may be mailed directly to the graduate college or sent electronically (school to school). Use the following address:
Address: OSU Graduate College
Stillwater, OK 74078-1019
While separate transcripts are preferred, transfer credits from other colleges and universities listed on a transcript may be acceptable for application purposes if they show specific course numbers, titles, credit hours, and grades. Applicants are responsible for contacting each university/college and requesting official transcripts.
4) A current résumé - Please submit a current résumé OR a list of current or most recent job(s), covering at least the last three years. Please include the Name of the firm/employer, job title, the dates of employment, location, responsibilities and reason for leaving.
5) Statement of Qualifications, Goals, and Objectives - Applicants must prepare a one- to two-page, typewritten, double-spaced essay that includes responses to the following questions:
- What are your professional goals for the next 3-5 years?
- How will a degree/certificate in Engineering Management help you reach these goals?
- What personal strengths will you bring to your classmates and the program?
- Discuss the amount of support you anticipate from your employer. This could be in the form of financial, time, resources, etc.
- Describe a strategic problem facing your organization that you might address during your studies at OSU.
- Finally, what helped you make the decision to select the ETM program at OSU?
Questions concerning the MSETM Program or the application process, should be sent to:
Valerie Quirey, Graduate Programs Coordinator; Phone: 405-744-6055 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org