- ETM Home
- About MSETM
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
Responsible Conduct of Research for ETM Students
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Instructions for ETM Students
Oklahoma State University subscribes to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) as a component of our education efforts in the responsible conduct of research. All graduate students are required to complete this training. Failure to do so will result on an enrollment hold placed on the student’s record.
The online training program titled Responsible Conduct of Research consists of several training courses from which you will choose two modules 1)Physical Sciences and 2) Plagiarism. Refresher Courses are also available. Courses include instructional material, suggested readings, and short quizzes. You must earn a cumulative score of 80% to pass/complete a course. Quiz results are recorded and provided to you and to the Office of University Research Compliance.
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/ and look for the “Log in through my institution” option - click on Log in via SSO
- From the list of institutions, choose Oklahoma State University
- An OSU O-Key Sign In Service login page should appear
- Enter your OSU email address ending with @okstate.edu and your O-Key password.
- You will be directed to the CITI Main Menu for Oklahoma State University Courses.
In the box labeled “My Learner Tools of Oklahoma State University”, click on Add a Course.
If you do not see this option, click on Oklahoma State University Courses and then click on Add Course.
- For Questions, 1 – 3, select not at this time.
- Skip Question 4
- For Question 5, select the Physical Sciences module
- For Question 6, select not at this time unless you need to complete the refresher course in the responsible conduct of research. If so, select the course most appropriate for your field or discipline.
- For Questions 7 –8, select not at this time
- For Question 9, select “YES” to complete the Plagiarism Module
- For Question 10 select not at this time
- Once your module selection is complete, you will return to a webpage that will contain the course(s) you have chosen.
- Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement, which you access via a hyperlink.
- To start a course, click on the course name, which is a hyperlink. You should expect to spend 1-2 hours on this exercise. You do not have to complete all of a particular course in one sitting. You can exit the website and return another time to complete unfinished courses.
- After both modules are completed, forward the proof of completion to email@example.com. You may also want to print or save the completion report electronically for your records.
- CITI will also automatically notify the OSU Office of University Research Compliance of your completion results (pass/fail).
If you have questions or need additional information on this process please contact the ETM office at 405-744-2337 of firstname.lastname@example.org.