- ETM Home
- About MSETM
- Contact Us
MSETM Certificate Curriculum
The Engineering and Technology Management program offers a Certificate program to complement the Master of Science degree. The certificate, consisting of 12 hours of selected ETM courses can be granted at any time during a student’s pursuit of the M.S. degree or as a stand-alone effort. A second application for the certificate must be made through the graduate college. Admissions requiements for the Certificate program are identical to those of M.S. program. See Admissions link.
The curriculum requirements for the certificate are as follows:
Required Certificate Course:
- ETM 5111 – Introduction to Strategy, Technology, and Integration (one-credit hour)
Elective Certificate Courses
- EEE 5113 Entrepreneurship and Venture Management
- ETM 5253 Problem Solving and Decision Making
- ENGR 5113 Intellectual Property and Patent Law
- IEM 5153 Process Design and Implementation
- IEM 5413 Managing the Engineering and Technical Function
- IEM 5503 Finance and Advanced Capital Investment Analysis
- IEM 5603 Project Management
- IEM 5743 Information Systems and Technology
- IEM 5813 Performance Measurement Systems
- MGMT 5533 Leadership Challenges
- SOC 5813 Organizational Change, Myths and Realities
- ETM 5211 Enterprise Integration
- ETM 5221 Engineering Teaming
- ETM 5231 Benchmarking
- ETM 5241 Strategic Project Management
- ETM 5271 Technology Forecasting and Assessment
- ETM 5291 Failure Mode and Effects Analysis in Design
- ETM 5341 Leadership Strategies
- ETM 5351 Planning Technical Projects
- ETM 5361 Managing Virtual Project Teams
- ETM 5371 Ethics for Practicing Engineers
- ETM 5391 New Product Introduction and Commercialization
- ETM 5411 Engineering Economics Analysis
- ETM 5461 Intellectual Property, Patent Law and Trade
- ETM 5471 Introduction to System Safety
- ETM 5481 Sustainable Enterprise Strategies
- ETM 5491 ISO 9000
- ETM 5521 Quick Response Manufacturing
What are the benefits of receiving a Graduate Certificate in ETM ?
The OSU ETM certificate is a graduate-level credential reflecting knowledge of the discipline of engineering management. It provides:
- Documented participation in a focused program and coursework with the same rigor as a graduate level degree
- The opportunity to expand the participants management skills and/or complement your B.S. field of study with management education
- Participation in an academic community of faculty and students with a common interest
- A ladder path to the MSETM degree (all twelve hours can be used toward degree)
- Demonstrated progress towards the M.S. degree that your employer can see
- A printed certificate and record in your transcript from the OSU Graduate School to document successful completion
Do I have to choose one program or the other?
No. Students may matriculate through both programs (Cert and MS degree) simultaneously. In fact, that is what we prefer. When the requirements of the certificate are met the student may request that their efforts be noted and a certificate will be issued. All credit hours earned for the certificate can then be counted towards the M.S. graduation requirements.
Are there any additional costs?
Typically students would be required to pay a “second application” fee of $40 to the graduate college.